Friday, December 11, 2009

Square one

First off...to those who don't know the meaning of square one,it means back to the place where things started...to the origin.

Well you see...as most of you 17 years old would know...by now,SPM is coming to a close...and now a new chapter awaits.It's funny how you don't really know time flies before it has already been wasted,funny really,to know that cherishing every moment in life is important,but yet...we seldom do cherish the things we love most.

It took me years after my moms death to realize how much I really do miss her,and now,regret fills every vein in my body...but the logical side of me dragged me out of my misery by telling me that...instead of mourning for your lost...why not use the time to enjoy life...live the moment...for yourself and your loved ones.

So,with that said.things have been happening as of late.

Recently...I just added another 'brother' to my collection.You see...to those who know about my family background...you'd know that in my case...having lots of brothers and sisters was inevitable...you see...my family has a serious case of 'lotsofkidsandwife' disease...and to add insult to injury(kinda inappropriate,but it will just have to do),I have 3 family...as in...if you want to take blood line,relationship and a bunch of other crap into account...I could call 3 people in this world 'dad'...well you get the idea.

Enough with the family history,what I wanted to say before I was rudely interrupted by the creative side of me,is that one of my 'dad' had a new born.Weird really...the way it happened...I don't mean the sex,and god sakes I don't wanna know...I meant by the way the child was brought into this world and its timeliness.

You see,last week,I went back to Thailand to visit my family,and a member of it was already pregnant,just waiting for the day to make a final visit to the doctor.I went there for a few days,and it started getting kinda bored,so I decided to head back home to Penang.As coincidence goes,the very next morning,I woke up and checked my phone(daily routine I suppose),I had 3 missed calls.I called him back and to my weirdest of surprises...the mom's water broke that very night and the child was born that very morning,2 weeks before the estimated time.

Wierd innit?How the Almighty works.
Another extra info,the newly born is as healthy as a newly born can be.

Into another subject.Due to the SPMs,I was forced to take tuition to boost the chances of me getting a worthy looking results in the most limited time possible.I started getting close to an old school friend of mine(not in that kinda way),we started hanging out and I met up with a few of my primary schoolmates.It was a pleasant feeling.Brings me back to the old days.

And now...as I try to finish what I started(this column),sitting in Starbucks,I realize that,no matter how far we go,no matter what we do in the future,we'd always have the past.And to be honest,having the past might sometimes be painful,but when you look at it from another perspective,you'd find it a wonderful feeling,trust me.

Newly born,old friends,new friends,no matter who they are,as long as they are a part of your life,hold it tight and don't let go,you might not know when 2012 strikes :).

All well ends well,so a goodnight to those sleepy heads and a good morning to those night crawlers like me.

PEACE

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wao, so you have one more little brother?
Good article, I can't really write it out if I was you....